Sunday, December 14, 2014

Total recall!

This evening I was watching the programme, 'Director's Music' on Malayalam's Amrita Channel as is my won't at 2000h every Sunday. This one hour programme that gives interesting insights and at times, graphic details of the picturisation of a song sequence along with memorable anecdotes has made me its willing and enthusiastic viewer. I've admitted this fact in an earlier post too.

Today's episode had zeroed in on my favourite lullaby from the movie, 'Sita', directed by Kunchako years back. Sita is rocking her children, Luv and Kush, in the cradle urging them to sleep. The black and white shots looked lively and the music just took me years backward in an instant.

I was transported back into my own cradle with my young mom, rocking me, singing the number and beckoning me to go to sleep. I don't remember as to how long I was in that time warp but I woke up from the dream, feeling my mom running her fingers through my sparse hair! She was also drawn to the programme, thanks to the evergreen and melodious lullaby!

It was heavenly! It was a total recall!!


Tailpiece.

How I wished that the song would go on and on!

PS.

Was stunned by the news grabs showing the Pakistani hockey players gesticulating rather crudely at the Indian audience, soon after winning their game against India. Their hatred towards us seems to be ingrained permanently and how can one ever think of coexisting with them peacefully? 

No comments:

Post a Comment