Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 8 - Thrissur.

It was back like what it was before I'd embarked on the 'yatra'. I'd dropped the temple going group at Guruvayur by a half past 5. But I was quite sad that Tirur amma had to take bath in normal water because I'd not switched on the geyser at the appropriate time - damn irresponsible of me! The poor thing just smiled and said that it really didn't matter. She was trying to put me at ease, instead!!

I was off for Thrissur by about a quarter to 10 with a fresh set of clothes for the next six days of the 'yatra'. It's thanks to the two gentlemen in the bus that I'd boarded that I reached my destination in one piece. What had happened was that as soon as I'd scrambled up the foot board, the bus had lurched forward tipping me backward and I would have fallen out of the bus to land hard on the back of my head but for the firm, steadying hands of the gentlemen that I was talking about! I shall ever remain indebted to them!!

The meeting commenced on the dot at 11 and it was well attended despite the fact that it was a Sunday. Here too, the pace of the programme leaves much to be desired except for that of one. The seven panchayats need to get the funds earmarked for the purpose at the earliest and get the training aids. The Damocles' sword of 30 Jun has been conveyed to them and they've reiterated their commitment to meet the target date.

Maman had to get back to Thiruvananthapuram as something has cropped up in the office that needs his attention. So he was seen off by the 1630 train and then we'd started off for Malappuram. We reached the guest house by about a half past 7 and had secured for the evening comparatively early.

Anian had suddenly changed his plans and wanted to join us for the night. It would have been unsettling for the boys but more than that, I didn't want him to be the cause of their inconvenience because he has his own standing. And he seems to be unaware of it!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow it's gonna be my show, hope it goes off without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment