Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spring cleaning.

It was not gonna be a quiet Sunday..........

I'd called the local farm hand, Pushpakaran, to clean the windows along with their mosquito proofing, the sills, the lights and what have you. It's supposed to be a half yearly exercise but this time it had got extended because the earlier guy had played truant - after doing it twice. Wonder why and I thought that I'd paid him handsomely?

And secondly, Lekha's understudy had also fetched up today despite the fact that she normally takes an off on Sundays - a special consideration because of Lekha's current medical restrictions. Damn sweet of her!

There was plenty of muck that was removed over the day and Pushpakaran had done a systematic work at that. With the rains having set in, the dust is gonna be less next time he said and I told him that I'd require his services from now on for the purpose.

     *                            *                              *

Calls from relatives and friends poured in inquiring about Lekha's condition, post surgery. Mom wanted to know as to whether she could return to 'The Quarterdeck' next Sunday and my sisters with their inquiries, followed.

     *                             *                              *

The task of fine tuning the 'coffee table book', which we plan to bring out on the occasion of our get together, during the first week of December - named 'GTG @ 60' - has now come to me. There are 46 contributions in the form of stories, poems and anecdotes both in English and Malayalam. The finished product has got to be good. Period!

      *                             *                              *

Rains have begun in right earnest. It had begun soon after sunset and the way it's persisting, I think it's gonna rain through the night.


Tailpiece.

Three interesting tweets on the Maggi issue:-

        *  Just found someone having Maggi at the office and now I wonder if I should report attempted
            suicide.
      ** Man, I've so many cool memories about Maggi. I still remember Harbhajan telling Symonds,
           "Teri Maggi".
    *** What's happening with Maggi is a clear MSG to everyone out there that in the nutritional
           space someone else should take the Lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment