Friday, December 23, 2016

A house, full of guests!

Sanil, Mini and Ammu had set off from Bangalore around a half past 6 and a trifle past lunch time, they'd reached Tirur to meet up with Lekha and Rema, who'd departed Guruvayur by a private bus, earlier, around 1130 hrs.

Meanwhile, Subi had come along with a help, to clean up the overhead fresh water tank and fix a new lid in place of the earlier one that had obviously been blown off by the strong winds! Earlier, Rema had fetched up from Palakkad by about 10 o'clock. I'd made a quick dash to my bank to replenish the liquid cash in hand before Lekha and Rema left for their assignment.

They'd got together at the jewellers at Tirur from where Ammu's personal effects were bought. On completion, they'd returned to Guruvayur doing another round of shopping, here, before fetching up at home. Some people have an amazing appetite for shopping but I get bored easily as I do not have the patience!

All my personal effects are courtesy Lekha as she has that fine eye and tastes! And I've had no reason to complain.

We got down to discussing the details of the execution of the serials in connection with Ammu's engagement on the 29th of Jan. The idea was to update the bride and her parents about the groundwork done by us thus far, corrections, if any, to be applied and for anything specific that Ammu wanted to add. There were hardly any and we, now, have a fair idea as to what we could expect and what we're going to do!

For me, life went off as usual as it meanders during a normal day while the others were out on work. The Quarterdeck was suddenly agog with voices and activity compared to the quiet activity prevalent when Lekha and I are all by ourselves. Suma kunjamma, my youngest aunt from my mom's family, Padmakumar and Achu will be joining us tomorrow evening!


Tailpiece.

1. Am glad that things are being streamlined for the big day. The idea is to avoid any confusion during the event!
2. The cute preview about Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' says volumes about the movie.
 "This film will rank not only as one of the best of the year, but among the best Hindi films on sports, ever. ‘Dangal’ is the kind of film that manages to invoke nationalistic fervor without descending into jingoism. I found tears trickling down as I spontaneously stood up when the national anthem is played towards the end, as the Tricolour flutters in the stadium on screen".
Lekha and I shall surely see the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment