Tuesday, December 13, 2016

At Kollam.

The day had begun at a quarter past 4 for us and our plan was to take off by a half past 6, but rains had delayed it by another 10'. I didn't want to get out of the car, into the rain, to close and lock up the two gates behind us and get wet, in the bargain. Further, there was a wait of about ten minutes at the level cross for the quarter to 7 passenger, to Ernakulam, to pass by.

It was rains all the way and we reached the Saravana Bhavan, near the Paliyekkara toll just in time for breakfast. Nair was on security duty who saw us through the rain into the restaurant under his umbrella. The rains persisted till Ernakulam and after that there was no trace of it and it was sunny all the way - the result of cyclone, Vardah's dance in Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh.

There was a thrill, this time, at going to Raj Nivas as both, mom and dad were there! We should be there by about 3 in the afternoon tomorrow, after attending Gayathri's (Daughter of Lekha's friend, Lekshmi of Kollam) wedding.

The evening's reception was a grand affair and we could meet many of our friends after a long time. Lekha was thrilled as many of her friends had fetched up and it was nice to see them interacting with each other with no holds barred and with a gay abandon! The food was nice with a wide variety of choices. I tucked in and must confess that I ate myself silly!!

The drive back to the hotel wasn't a problem at all as, thankfully, I'd got all the traffic lights and the turns right, for a change. Of course, I'd taken the help of two people enroute to ensure that I was headed the right way.

Earlier, my director had got in touch with me to ascertain the place of stay and the duration that I was gonna be here at Kollam. He'll be sending Vishnu tomorrow morning.


Tailpiece.

Must look up Kurup Kochachhan tomorrow, before heading for Raj Nivas. It'll be a detour alright but needs to be done as I'd promised him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment