Saturday, September 9, 2017

Another one of those quiet days!

Last evening, Indira kunjamma had called me up to say that it would be nice if I tendered an apology on our family's What'sApp site. I'd posted a stern message - a couple of days ago - which had given heartburns to a few and though all supported my chiding the two cousins, some felt that I'd exceeded the limits of propriety expected of me regarding a particular issue.

I'd got up in the wee hours of the morning and my aunt's suggestion was weighing heavily upon me. After the morning chores, I was washing down my car when my aunt had called me yet again to say that she was waiting to read my new post. I'd to tell her that I wasn't able to articulate an appropriate formulation and was at my wit's end, regarding the issue, but I'd made a mental note that I could not let her down and had to do the needful, today itself.

I'd called up Lekshmi, her elder daughter, to tell her about my predicament and she, too, said that I'd be able to do the needful. Incidentally, I'd gone out by about a half past 11 to deposit a cheque in the bank quite forgetting the fact that today was the second Saturday of the month and that the banks had a holiday. I'd bought a few medicines instead and returned a chastened man.

It was after teatime that I'd mentally tuned myself to punch in that post and then, without hesitation, my thoughts got channelised or should I say, crystallised? Consequently, I felt light and nice. My aunt was quick to acknowledge the post and I was glad that I hadn't let her down!

We went to Ajith's house, next door, to attend the family's get together on the eve of his marriage that's gonna take place tomorrow at Angadippuram, Perinthalmanna which is about 60 kms north of our location. We were introduced to a whole lot of relatives that Lekha and I were meeting for the first time. Ajith's mother, Sujatha is the daughter of Sathi chechi, who's married to Radhan chettan, my cousin from P Kesava Panicker's family.

It was a pleasant evening and after a light dinner, we'd returned to 'The Quarterdeck' to crowd around our television set to watch our favourite programmes.



Tailpiece.

Tomorrow's gonna be an early day for us as the vehicle is gonna pick us up at a half past 7.    

No comments:

Post a Comment