Monday, September 18, 2017

At Neelamperoor.

After a restful night, a quick run through the morning chores, we're off to Neelamperoor by a half past 7. I'd wiped down the Chevy, in the meanwhile, and we're off as was planned earlier. On reaching there, it was a sentimental journey down memory lane. We're there for about six hours.

But going towards Neelamperoor was a stupendous task as the road was submerged, at three places, under the flood waters from the nearby paddy fields.

Prayed at the Neelamperoor Devi kshetram and sat there to recite my daily prayers. While sitting at the temple's concrete seating, that extends all around, I'd tried to go back in time to visualise my grandparents, my mom and all their relations visiting the temple especially during the 'Pooram' and going about their chores. The splendid aura struck me and I wished that time stood still so that I could stay on there, forever!

And then, it was time to visit our close relations and a visit to the Puthuvayil House was only but a part of the itinerary! It was a great moment to be at that sacred place and I kept looking into each nook and corner of the house for, I do not know what....I only knew that my mom and her parents had spent their lovely moments in that house of their's!

And then it was time to visit our relations...

Gomathi peramma, Santha kunjamma, Payyampilli chittamma, Alappurathe Ammoomma - each one of them showed their affinity and love to their dear Chandramma's son! It was exhilarating yet humbling. I'd made it a point to visit everyone today itself as tomorrow, during the 'pooram', it might turn out to be tricky because of the crowd.

Back home, it was great to spend time with the children. Radhan chettan's sons had come to meet up with him and their interaction had taken time. Rain was also a spoiler and our intended trip to Neelamperoor in the evening had to be called off.


Tailpiece.

It was another late night!


No comments:

Post a Comment