Sunday, September 3, 2017

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

Got up early in the morning and my sleep seemed to have vanished. As I do at such occasions, had a quick wash and recited my prayers. And drifted back to sleep, soon after. We'd then got up leisurely and Lekha, apparently, showed no lingering discomfort after her fall, last night. Rani, followed by Jojy-Saly were the early morning visitors inquiring about her condition.

After a long drawn out breakfast of Poories and vegetables coupled with Upma and chutney, boisterous conversation and photography, we'd taken off in our cars towards the waterfalls. The place had already got crowded with vehicles parked choc-a-bloc that had conveyed the thousands of tourists to the area since early morning. As we returned, I'd stopped at a vantage spot to allow Lekha to have a glimpse of the waterfalls after which, we set off back to Guruvayur.

It was then that I noticed that Lekha wasn't in her beans. She hates dozing off while I drive but today I found that she was unable to prevent dozing off, a sure sign that she wasn't keeping well. I'd stopped beyond the Pota asramam to work on my laptop for about 10'. The rest of the journey went off fine with us reaching 'The Quarterdeck' around lunchtime. Since Lekha wanted to take rest and wasn't inclined to have any food, I'd settled for fruits and a cup of Horlicks.

She was slowly getting back to normalcy at dinner time and had a light diet. The television had a lot of programmes and so viewing them helped her forget the discomfort. Hope she gets back to normalcy soon. Perhaps, too many engagements and connected travel over the last few weeks in quick succession, have tired her.


Tailpiece.

Last year, this time, mom had gotten weaker with a tendency to doze off at every moment. It wasn't a nice sight and I used to rouse her up. Much later, I was told that that was a sign of the malfunctioning of the heart about which I was blissfully ignorant..........and not once did the thought of doing a 'Sayanapradakshinam', for her recovery, flit through my mind.    

No comments:

Post a Comment