Friday, December 22, 2017

A double whammy!

It was yet another early morning get away as we drove off at a quarter past 6. Had topped up the Chevy with fuel and checked tyre pressure at the IOC petrol pump, adjacent to the Purva Bluemont's entrance. What caught my eye about the pump were the following:-

     (a) A spacious pump site, located on the highway to Trichy whose entry/exit points were clearly
          demarcated and there was no cluttering up.
     (b) Attended by courteous workers who were helpful and moved around with a smile.
     (c) The air/Nitrogen filling, in the adjacent enclosure, was for free and the vehicles were directed
           in an orderly manner.

There might be many pumps, like this, all over the country but I wanted to tell you about the first one that had caught my fancy!   

Except for an initial error of turning towards Ooty, instead of Palakkad, soon after coming out of Coimbatore, the drive was good and enjoyable. We reached Rema's house an hour later and were in time for a sumptuous breakfast. Since Madhavan and his son, Vinod told Lekha that the workers would be available tomorrow to clean up her house at Ayodhya Nagar, we'd set off for Guruvayur by a trifle after 10. The drive was okay though I must confess that there was a close quarter situation, at the junction before the ECHS, Kunnamkulam, with a two wheeler whose pillion was holding a huge wooden frame and it was trying to turn to the right! I must say that he was lucky.

We reached 'The Quarterdeck' by a quarter past 12 and after the unpacking, settled down to a nice lunch prepared by Preetha. It was while sitting at my computer that I realised that our landline was out of order but I wasn't perturbed because I'd the Jio dongle. Alas, it also misbehaved and I found myself in an unenviable situation of not being able to access the internet. A sure case of a double whammy! Without hesitating a wee bit, I'd gone out to town and had the problem sorted out, picking up our dry cleaned clothes also, during the outing.

The complaint about the faulty landline was registered at 1600 hrs, let me see as to how fast the BSNL does the defect rectification!

A blast into the past.

I loved the two days spent in Coimbatore. Last evening, we're at the Gandhipuram bus stand to pick up my sister, Mini, coming from Bangalore. The roads, the important landmarks and the drive through Puliyakulam, subsequently - I'd only heard about its messiness and not seen it during my stay, then - brought in a great amount of nostalgia!

The walk, in the evening, was nice.


Tailpiece.

Mohanachandran's medical bulletin.

"No change since last sitrep". From K Vipinachandran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment