Monday, December 11, 2017

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

Had got up a trifle late and consequently, reached the restaurant at a half past 8 when a couple of the classmates had left. It was a loss that we weren't at hand to see them off. Bad show, Rajeev! We'd a cake cutting ceremony - the cake used for the purpose was a small cup cake, which was Saly's idea - on the occasion of Anil and Radha's wedding anniversary and the gesture did floor the couple. We bade good bye to the crowd and kicked off for home by 1000 hrs.

Enroute, we'd dropped in at Radha's cousin's place in Thrissur to drop her suitcase which was a welcome break. We're at 'The Quarterdeck' by lunchtime and Preetha had laid out a scrumptious lunch for us, bringing down the curtains on another nostalgic edition of a classmates' get together. The intensity of the melancholia, caused by the parting, was reduced to an extent by my sister's call from Palakkad to say that she and Achu would be fetching up this evening and spend the night here.

During the drive from Thrissur to Guruvayur, there was this closed auto rickshaw carrier which was following my Chevy uncomfortably close. Any harsh braking on my part, in case of an emergency, would entail his ramming into the rear of my vehicle for sure as I was doing good speeds, over 70 kmph, on certain stretches. It was an uncomfortable situation and I realised that the vehicle's driver either wasn't aware of the potential danger that could befall upon him or he was doing it rashly, deliberately. I stopped at a particular point and walked over to impress upon him about maintaining a vehicle's length of space from the forward vehicle as a safety factor. He seemed to be confused as to whether I was cautioning or threatening him. Anyways, from then on, he stayed a respectable distance away from my Chevy! Do I look mean, I wonder?

The evening walk was nice and we're watching the serial, 'Sree Ganesh' on the Sony Television channel when there was a power interruption and at that precise moment, Achu had driven into our porch through the temporary darkness! Rema expressed her shock at the passing away of Ikka despite the fact that she'd only heard quite a lot from us but had never seen!!



Tailpiece.

I must make a determined effort to reduce the flab that has crept in, without diet restrictions......it's not a tall order.    

No comments:

Post a Comment