Wednesday, April 18, 2018

All set for home.

The day was uncomfortably warm. I'd made tea for the guests - everyone said a lot of nice things and I felt glad - because I didn't want Lekha to climb the stairs a second time in the morning. I, myself, then waited for her to come down and give me my cuppa.

Suma kunjamma and family had set off for the Kadampuzha temple as they'd certain pujas to be completed out there. I'd washed down our Chevy with the municipality water, that was flowing out today but was muddy as usual. There was no pricking of the conscience because it could be used only for watering the plants or washing down the car. No guilt feeling about having 'wasted' water when there was an acute shortage of water all around! 

Lekha was planning a trip to the nearby department store along with her assistant. I found that the latter was loaded with work and had offered to take her with me instead, as I went about running errands before our ten day sojourn at my parents' place. We could return fairly well in time before the guests and then it was a boisterous lunch.

Little Nayana threw a tantrum because her mom had mixed the rice with ghee and carrots picked from another dish. She was pretty angry that the carrots were added but what got me impressed was the manner in which Vani, her mom, had sorted out the situation without being harsh. The little one was soon amid us, relishing the mix that had been made for her!

They left soon after to the rooms that they'd booked for themselves, nearer to the temple, as they're gonna be here for the whole of tomorrow while we moved out early in the morning. The house was suddenly quiet and I went about my usual way of shutting down 'The Quarterdeck'. The walk in the evening was nice and I felt nice sweating through all pores as I rounded it off with the ground exercises. It was, then, a quick wash and change because we'd a dinner date with Suma kunjamma's family.

Earlier, I'd tried to give excuses to turn down the invitation by telling them that I didn't relish having a late evening prior to an early morning departure but they weren't willing to buy any of that and by a half past 8, we're at the foyer of the all too familiar Hotel Gokulam Sabari! From the security personnel to the stewards to the receptionists, everyone was eager to come and interact with us because it was the place that we used to stay while monitoring the progress of work on 'The Quarterdeck' during 2011, '12 and '13. A few had inquired as to why we didn't frequent the place now and a few others said that they see me regularly during my walks!

It was a comparatively early evening when we thanked and bade farewell to Suma kunjamma and family.


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day and the car's air conditioning system is erratic! Hope Lekha isn't troubled by it!! The car's servicing is due early next month when the problem will be licked, hopefully because this has recurred a second time and those guys are gonna incur my wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment