Thursday, January 17, 2019

A missed opportunity.

We'd got up at our usual time of 6, gone through the chores and Lekha was ready well in time while I was about 15' late. After breakfast, Lekha had gone to the Guruvayur temple for her weekly 'darshan', taking Preetha along. Earlier, I'd launched the 'washing machinex', removed the used bed linen from the three bedrooms, put them in the machine and replaced them with the next set - a weekly routine.

Subin had come by, after my prodding, and cleaned up the overhead water tank. He reported that the dirt was very less but the bit that was there already had caked up due to the heat and the dryness.

We did get calls on each of our cellphones from the police station that the police would drop by today for verifying our particulars in connection with our passports. Shyla was also expected with my blood results by this evening.

The day had meandered along with me doing a bit of reading and also working on my laptop. The afternoon was quiet but I was sad that I couldn't go across to view my Classmate, Babu Sahadev's daughters' - Neeta and Kavita - dance programme at the Melpathoor Auditorium, at the Guruvayur temple. The two young ladies have come all the way from California/Canada for it.

Due to my illness - which is slowly wearing off - I do not venture out, except for urgent official work and those that doesn't require me to wait for long because the restlessness and the weakness set in.

Shyla had called up in the evening saying that she'd be coming by to collect my blood sample, yet again tomorrow morning, to do a repeat 'liver function test'. Hope everything is okay! The evening, thereafter, was quiet and uneventful.


Tailpiece.

RIP Sawardekar sir! He was one of our instructors in Physics at the NDA. It was the presence of people like him that gave NDA's academics, of those days, the sheen and the grace. His moves on the games fields - especially the hockey field where he used to wield his stick so effortlessly with swift, powerful pushes that broke through the most impregnable opposition defences - were legendary and made him an all rounder! With a salute, tears and prayers!! 

PS.
Got an intimation from the passport office - on both our cellphones - saying that our passports have been dispatched. Hats off to a pretty fast work and an efficient system!

No comments:

Post a Comment