Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day Special.

A retired older couple returned to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they had been interested in to a beautiful, leggy, busty blonde in a mini skirt and a halter top.

The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply, "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price. Yet I just overheard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there. And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model".

The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help and  Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.

Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man.

"There you go", she said. "I told you I could get that idiot to lower the price. See you later Dad, Happy Father's day".

Once again......don't mess with seniors.

    *       *        *

Tennis is not only Forehand-Backhand, will power......Physical power it's also about GRATITUDE...."Attitude with Gratitude" is a Champion's trait....

The kid Djokovic gave his racquet to : "I don't know the boy. He was in my ear the entire match basically, especially when I was two sets to love down. He was encouraging me. He was actually giving me tactics, as well (laughter). He was like, 'Hold your serve, get an easy first ball, then dictate, go to his backhand'. He was coaching literally.

I found that very cute, very nice. So I felt like to give the racquet to the best person was him after the match. That was kind of my gratitude for him sticking with me and supporting me".


Tailpiece.

Got up a trifle late, recited my prayers, the chores and was ready by 10. After breakfast, we set off for Suma kunjamma's house to spend time with the family.

An online interaction with the children, teachers and the Headmaster of the UPS, Thalavoor on the occasion of the Reading Month activities. Enjoyed the session with my question and answer session.

Returned a trifle before sunset. A quiet evening thereafter!







No comments:

Post a Comment