Sunday, February 6, 2022

Adieu Lata Mangeshkar ji!

It was with great sadness that I heard about Lata Mangeshkar's passing into the mist of time this morning at 12' past 8, due to post-covid complications. She was all of 92 years. I've since my childhood, listened to her songs along with the ones from the other languages too.

I shall go through a few songs - of her's - which I'd heard at home while growing up because my parents used to listen to them frequently. Without much ado, here I go :-

(a) Rasik Balma (Chori Chori).
A beautiful song sung by Nargis in the film with a tinge of sadness.

(b) Aaiye Meherbaan (Howrah Bridge)
Another beautiful song, picturised on Madhubala, that had a naughty touch to it.

(c) Jo Wada Kiya Woh Nibhaana Padega (Taj Mahal)
Picturised on Pradip Kumar and Bina Rai and a classic. I remember my parents listening to this repeatedly!

(d) Lag Jaa Gale (Woh kaun Thi)
Picturised on Sadhana and it's a beautiful song at that. The movie had a 'ghost' element in it.

(e) Gaata Rahe Mera Dil (Guide)
Picturised on the beautiful Waheeda Rehman and Dev Anand. A golden hit of its time.

(f) Phoolon Ka Taaron Ka (Hare Ram hare Krishna)
Picturised on two adorable kids - the younger versions of Prashant and Jasbir. A beautiful song at that!

(g) Tujhse Naraaz Nahin Zindagi (Masoom)
A beautiful and hauntingly lovely song picturised on Jugal Hansraj and Naseeruddin Shah.

These are some of the songs that come into my mind in the rush of emotions. What I'm trying to say is that I grew up hearing Lata Mangeshkar ji's songs, along with others of course and her passing away has saddened me no end.

Adieu Lata Mangeshkar ji! My Tears and prayers.


Tailpiece.

Got up about half an hour later than usual, the chores and was ready by a 10' past 10. The news about Lata Mangeshkar ji's passing away in the Breach Candy Hospital of Bombay was saddening. Heard her songs all through the day.

Helped Lekha in watering the plants. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment