Monday, February 28, 2022

At Thiruvananthapuram.

Had got up at 4 when Lekha's cellphone alarm had gone off. She'd set the alarm as she insisted on making breakfast and lunch, packed for me. Moreover, she tells me that the maid has taken a day off for the day. Now, small things like that make me angry. But I didn't want to say anything as I was embarking on a journey.

Was ready well before 7 and Hameed was at the gate on the dot. After fixing him up for a trip to the temple for Lekha by a half past 9, we set off for the KSRTC stand soon after. The superfast to Kattakkada Dam was standing by for its trip at 0725 hrs. Meanwhile met Mr Narayanan, the Station Manager and had a short chat with him before the bus was to set on its journey. A nice gentleman, who said that he knew my grandfather very well and had walked with him during the Library Movement.

The bus set off, on the dot, by 0725 hrs. It was a bright sunny day. There were road blocks and deviations galore, enroute and because of this, the bus reached the Vyttila Hub by a 20' past 10. The low floor a/c bus to Thiruvananthapuram had not yet come on the platform and I'd made a dash to the rest room. After easing up, when I'd returned on to the platform the bus was waiting and almost fully loaded. I was finally seated on the steps of the aisle when the journey had commenced.

It was basically to reach the Foundation by 3 and I was in no mood to wait for the next, which was only at a 20' past 12.

Had water from the bottle that Lekha had given me, for the journey. Lunch was had at Kayamkulam around a half past 1. The vegetarian frankies were nice and I reached the Foundation by about a half past 4. Manu and the car had come to pick me up, after Sudha ma'am and Ajith had gone for the distribution of the programme notices to each and every media office.

Reviewed the steps taken by the staff at the Foundation, for the programme regarding Muthachhan's 113th birth anniversary commencing from tomorrow. Went to have a final review at the site of the statue where I found that two more flex boards had to be erected before the start of the programme tomorrow. Spoke to the concerned guys, collected the office keys from Lekha, picked up Shekhar, our designer, from his house and returned to the Foundation to kill the issue. Maman is away in New Delhi and will fetch up only by tomorrow evening! It was nearing midnight when the job was completed.

Off to Maman's place to spend the evening. A short pow wow with Ammayi and Chambu.


Tailpiece.

Lekha had gone to the Guruvayur temple today. Since there was a dawn to dusk pooja, the temple used to shut down quite frequently and reopen. Hence, she returned home by lunch time. Tomorrow, on the occasion of Mahasivarathri, she has planned to go to the Mammiyur Siva kshetram. There might be quite a crowd but I'm sure she'd manage it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment