Monday, June 20, 2022

Another hectic day.

It was yet another hectic day. The day had begun at 4, when Aniyan's cellphone alarm had gone off. Were ready by 5 and Maman, Aniyan and I left for Thiruvallam as today was Muthachhan's remembrance day by the Malayalam calendar. We reached there fairly comfortably because of sparse traffic early in the morning but the highway was in a pathetic condition!

We paid for a higher ticket wherein Maman and I could avoid sitting on the ground for offering the 'bali tharpanam' and we did it at the steps, near the waterfront. The conductor did a fine job and all of us felt quite happy in the manner the proceedings were directed; conveyed the same to him too and wasn't he pleased?

Had 'pongal' for breakfast on our return trip and on reaching the Foundation, I'd a quick change and Aji and I set off for my next assignment. I was a bit apprehensive for losing about half an hour and conveyed the same to Mr Sarma, the Headmaster of the UPS, Thalavoor. Aji drove well and we were at the school by a 20' past 11.

Was greeted warmly and to my surprise, Muttathe Kamalamma chechi was also invited to be with me at the stage. It was so nice to be with her! I spoke to the children about the lives and times of PN Panicker and ended my speech by asking questions to the children. And boy, there were plenty of volunteers who asked very sensible questions! Adyey, of class IV, had asked me the first question and I gave him Rs.100/-, from my pocket, as a gift. His mother was a teacher in the school and she had befriended me. 

On completion of the program, we set off to my brother-in-law, Padmakumar's place for lunch as per plans made earlier. And it was a nice and scrumptious lunch! On completion, it was time to commence my return and we did just that but not before putting in fuel in the car.

The return journey was nice, as the traffic was less and we reached the Foundation by a quarter past 3. Felt bad that I'd slept through while passing by the Sainik School. Did the final packing while Girija gave us our evening cup of tea.

After interacting with everyone at the Foundation, I left for the Thiruvananthapuram Railway station by a 10' to 5 and had boarded the Intercity Express for Guruvayur. The train was on time for a change.


Tailpiece.

Got a bit bored during my train journey and snoozed for a while.

The most poignant moment of the day, was at the school, when the entire audience clapped when I touched Kamalamma chechi's feet! 

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day, as both, Lekha and I have our quarterly medical review tomorrow, at Kochi!     

No comments:

Post a Comment