Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Back at The Quarterdeck.

At a half past midnight, the Intercity Express from Thiruvananthapuram reached Guruvayur and it was pouring. I'd my umbrella fished out of the suitcase that I was carrying and it shielded me from the rain! I'd walked to wards the entrance but the auto rickshaws took a bit of time to fetch up.

One such auto rickshaw brought me home. Lekha was up on hearing my voice. And it took me to our house. 

A quick wash, a bit of settling down things and I'd knocked off to sleep. Giving clothes for dry washing and carrying out the washing machinex of the other clothes will be taken up, day after tomorrow.

Got up at 4, thanks to Lekha's cellphone alarm. The chores and we were ready by 6.

Vincent  - he was our sa'arthi for the day - came here at a trifle after 6 and we kicked off on our trip to Kochi. We went by the coastal highway, had reached 'Shenoy Care' a trifle after 9 but had no results. Lekha and I were let in around a half past 11 as per the scheme of things, put in place now.

The lab tests were conducted and we were ushered into Dr Levin's room once the results were available. He expressed his happiness about how well she's improved. The same sentiment was repeated by Dr Shenoy, too, after the check up!

Had lunch at the Aaryas at Panampilly Nagar, around a quarter past 2. It was after this that I'd gone across to Dr Satish Bhat, for my review. My HBA1C reading is 7.1 and he was quite thrilled about it. 

Since Chellakkili was under a spell of flu, we decided to skip a visit to her, planned yesterday!

Finally, it was around a half past 7 when we reached The Quarterdeck.  

It was a timely supper, my work and I hit the sack earlier than usual!


Tailpiece.

It was a pleasant day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment