Saturday, August 19, 2023

Muthachchan arrives at Neelamperoor in a spectacular return.

My cellphone woke me up on the dot at 4, went through the chores and was ready by a half past 5. Kunjumon was waiting at the gate, the caretaker got us the morning cuppa. And we set off to Kottarakkara.

Got dropped at Pulamon junction in the direction of Adoor and Maman had picked me up at a half past 6.
Reached Changanasserry by 8,a quick breakfast at the Indian Coffee House and we were on our way to Neelamperoor. There was a lot of spadework to do in connection with the programs, today and tomorrow.

Sitting at Paarayil Gopiyettan's house, I did all that I could. Met a lot of my relatives.

The evening's procession taking Muthachchan's bust all the way to Puthuvayil House was a ceremonial one. We stayed on till his bust was shifted on to the pedestal built for the purpose.

Had gone across to the Devi temple to do the needful for the 'bali tharpanam' for Amma tomorrow.  

Meanwhile, Valsala kept refreshing us with cups of tea and water.

Settled down at Changanasserry around midnight. Taj, owned by Sherif. A bad gash on the car's left side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment