Saturday, August 17, 2024

At Achu's place.

The first of Chingam. Had got up at a half past 5 and had told myself that I'd to take the initiative to ensure that everyone got his/her morning cup of tea. 

Asif bhai, the manager of the hotel, came to my help in that he placed an order for 14 cups of tea and the bell boy, Pranjal, had helped me in its distribution. There were 14 people in Major Gopinath's group. And I went about ringing the doorbells, with Pranjaal in tow with the trayful of teacups.

Here, I must quote Sreeram, "On getting up, I was desperately wanting a cup of tea. Rajani, too, had got up and repeated the same wish. And chetta, just then you'd rung the doorbell like god send". We'll never ever forget this Chingam onnu!"

We reached the Koramangala Club by a quarter past 12. Soon after, I was invited to get the ball rolling to speak about Gopi chittappan and afterwards, Rajani tells me, "Yours was the best, chetta. I liked it the most". She's a sweetheart!

After lunch and several rounds of photographs, we'd returned to Prestige Inn, finished our packing and had our siesta. Achu, along with Rema and Padmakumar, reached us by 5 and after bidding farewell to everyone - did Asif bhai feel sad to see us of? I've told him to keep me informed about his weight-loss program - we left for Bypanahalli, where Achu and Karhika live.

Reached Achu-Karthika's abode, had high tea and were off to Ravi Ponapa's flat in Sena Vihar, to give him a surprise. Great meeting him and we spent about two hours out there.

Back home, it was a late evening with plenty of yakkittiyaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment