Friday, March 19, 2010

'3 Idiots' revisited

My friends in the carpool were excited about the prospect of seeing the movie, '3 Idiots' at the Taurus Officers’ Institute cinema this evening and I also believe that they’d enjoyed the previous outing with us, when we’d seen ‘Ishqiya’. Lekha had also not seen the movie. Since the movie was starting at 1930 h, there was no question of going for my evening walk. Be that as it may, we’d the exasperating wait for the Parmars to get ready and come along with us and consequentially, missed out on the initial scenes involving Madhavan at the airport. On a personal level, I like to be at the movie hall well before the start as I enjoy seeing the initial advertisements and the teaser trailers of the forthcoming movies!

Everyone really enjoyed the evening and the movie and I’d the opportunity to savour the details of the scenes though the dialogues, at times, weren’t clear thanks to an inefficient sound system and too much chatter among the audience - the continuous noise of crisp wafers and snacks being devoured at an alarming rate, notwithstanding. I’ve this sneaky feeling that for many people, the main attraction is the bar and the accompanying snacks rather than the viewing of the movie. Never mind, the loss is theirs!!

I must confess, however, that I’d enjoyed it much more when I’d viewed it, first time, at Pune with the Banerjees. The company definitely matters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment