Monday, March 22, 2010

Board exams and its strain on the children, nay parents!

As the board examinations for classes X and XII are slowly crawling to their completion, the children and more than them, their parents are heaving a sigh of relief. There’s tremendous strain on them as most of them are seldom seen nor heard these days at least in the opens of the Arjan Vihar. Was there strain on me when I was going through my class XI, ISC board exams while at Sainik School? I remember having butterflies in my stomach almost regularly during the period, but since I was far away from home, my parents were spared of the agony and years later, I’ve heard them say that they never had any doubts about my ability to sail through. And so it was, in the case of my two sisters too.

This time, there are three youngsters – a niece(Ammu) and two nephews(Manu and Aniyan) who’re attempting the class XII board examinations from the Panicker family. After wishing them easy sailing at the start, I’ve been monitoring their feedback at the end of each paper and as I reckon, while both Ammu and Aniyan should have no problems in getting good results, Manu might be found wanting – and I only wish that I’m terribly wrong on my surmise! Manu and Aniyan have finished all their papers as of today and Ammu is left with the paper on ‘Computers’ next Thursday. And I must say that their parents have really gone through the agony of their children’s anxieties - I humbly bow in appreciation of their total involvement!!


Tailpiece.

(a) The Khans are back after their three weeks’ sojourn in London and Lagos, and are looking fresh and rested with plenty of stories about their sight seeing trips. They’ve hinted about having got a gift for me and I’m thrilled, for, I love receiving gifts!

(b) Savio George Manatt completed his 8 km gruelling run with a very good timing of 43 mts and is pleased as Punch, on his achievement. He has achieved this feat after a knee surgery just under a year back. He says that there were times during the race when he’d wanted to drop out but refrained from doing so just because he didn’t want to let us down! That’s cute of him but I only hope that he’s not overdone it!!

(c) Murukesan, my brother-in-law, has to be in the hospital for another week. The vision of his left eye seems to be permanently affected, there’s restricted movement of his left hand and a loss of memory, at times. With medicines and intense physiotherapy, the doctors promise further improvement. Wait and watch and hope for the best is the best motto for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment