Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Sunday diary

After a long time, today was the first Sunday that Lekha and me got to spend at home. Usually, we make it a point to visit my sister and niece and have lunch with them as my brother-in-law, Sanil is abroad and they’ve a change of scene and some connected activities are also undertaken! Today, we’d purposely avoided going across as my niece has her Maths exam tomorrow as part of the class XII board and we did not want our visit to break the momentum of her studies. Since we had decided to stay indoors, a lunch invite at the Air Force station was politely declined giving my maman’s arrival from Thiruvananthapuram on work, as a reason, though he was to fetch up only by evening.

After getting up on the dot at six, lit up the traditional lamp, switched on the FM radio for ‘devrag’ and ducked off to another round of sleep only to wake up in time for the day’s session of ‘rangoli’ on the national TV channel – ‘praise’ being today’s theme and it had my favourite ‘chaudhavi ka chand’ alongwith some other beautiful numbers. By 9, it was time to make our regular rounds of telephone calls, to my folks as well as Lekha’s, for the latest updates. The main and difficult call was to my maasi, Indira whose birthday it was yesterday and I’d missed it – she did say that she’d missed my call but pardoned me for my slip after apologies and a bit of cajoling!!

A good part of the forenoon and the afternoon was spent on listening to a melee of Hindi and Malayalam music, with a Malayalam movie on TV thrown in between. The evening walk was the first outing after Lekha’d finished her’s and today, being Sunday, the walkers were few and they were the diehard ones. Then it was time for the news round up followed by maman’s briefing on what activities of my grandfather’s Foundation were to be taken up over the next few days and a plan of action was formulated, the briefs made ready. It was indeed a quiet day when all I did was to laze around at home, doing absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment