Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Overwhelmed by technology!

It was a hectic day today. By a half past eight, Lekha and I were off to the Dental Centre for yet another sitting for her ‘root canal treatment’ with Archana. It took an unusually long time as the wait was longer than expected, because of very elderly people who’d come for the toothy’s look and they’d to be accommodated out of turn. I fetched up at the office by a quarter past eleven, gave the finishing touches to two of my files and had sent them off to their destinations before I could, just, scamper in for a meeting.

It was much past lunchtime, when the meeting got over and I managed to cover the distance from the office to my home in ten minutes flat thanks to sparse traffic, have a quick bite and rush to the airport with Lekha and we were on the way when her sister announced that they’d landed and were boarding the bus which would ferry them to the arrival terminal. Having dropped Lekha at the ‘arrival’ to ensure that our guests were shepherded without any loss of time, it took me some time to get a suitable slot so that the old lady, accompanying my sister-in-law and her children, had to walk the least distance from the terminal.

As I called up my wife to know about their whereabouts, too engrossed in our conversation, I ridiculously walked past them and would have gone on if it were not for my elder nephew who called out to me. I really felt sheepish, technology had overtaken me completely! But then, all’s well that ends well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment