Monday, October 4, 2010

And to ride away into the sunset......

Since childhood, my favourites have been country music and movies covering stories of the wild west of America. My favourite actors are Steve Mac Queen, John Wayne, Robert Redford, Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman and the likes. I was simply fascinated by their strong presence, standing always for the right, ever ready to help an underdog and always masked their emotions even in the most difficult situations.


Straightforward in their approach towards life in general, they got extremely angry when evil got the better of the good and swung into action to ensure that good finally, wins over evil.


In many of the westerns, the lone ranger rides into the town along with the rising sun, beats up the bad guys all through the day to set things right, becomes the darling of the most beautiful and plucky girl around but rides away into the sunset, as lonely as he’d arrived. The romanticism, though unstated, hangs heavily around his personality and that makes him all the more vulnerable!


And talking about country music, while John Denver’s “Country roads, take me home to the place I belong” tops my charts, I’ve a sneaky preference to Kenny Rogers’ “Coward of the county”.


Life is actually very simple if one wants to keep it that way. And I’d definitely like to take it as it comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment