Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why don't I see them in my dreams?

Life has been an interesting journey for me thus far. There have been experiences galore and the process of learning through simple lessons, that life metes out, goes on unabated. I’d started life in a privileged atmosphere where love was in abundance and each and everyone took it upon themselves to ensure that I got the best so that I did well in life.

While formal education was being administered, I must admit that there were a number of things that I’d imbibed in an informal and unobtrusive manner as I grew up. Towards this end my immediate family, consisting of my grandparents and parents, has played a great role for which I shall remain indebted to them for life. It is from them that I’d learnt the importance of giving without anything in return. I cannot sit in judgment over myself and it’s for the others, who’ve interacted with me at the various twists and turns of my life, to draw conclusions.

In the journey of life, I’ve lost quite a few of my near and dear ones – both relatives and friends – whose absence continues to leave a huge void deep within. They often come into my thoughts and perk me up when I need it, showing an everlasting bond that exists between them and me, which is my greatest strength! But what’s surprising is that I’ve never seen many of them ever in my dreams. I’ve tried to find the answer to this riddle from knowledgeable people. An oft repeated explanation is that those with whom you’ve been closest in life never, ever will appear in your dreams which is the cosmic law. I would like to believe it to be true. But the cynic and the non believer in me wonder as to whether it’s not because I’ve let them down in their expectations about me?

Crazy, you might say and I don’t blame you for thinking so. I admit to being a confused bundle of thoughts! My random thoughts as usual!!

No comments:

Post a Comment