Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our guests from Kerala.

This evening four of my near relations have fetched up at our place. They’d booked their tickets almost three months back and were ever excited, since then, to reach here as early as time permitted. They used to call me at the most inappropriate times to cross check on the minutest of details, that though at times it irked me to no end, once I’d sensed their enthusiasm I decided to let it go at that and started enjoying the queries!

Two more of their bunch are joining us tomorrow and then they’d be off to Agra and Jaipur on the first leg and thereafter to Chandigarh and Shimla, on the second leg. Their itinerary has been tied up to the last hour and it’s my fervent wish that all serials go off with clockwise precision( Lekha, in the meanwhile, will go to Kochi to bless Sharanya at her wedding).

They seem to be quite kicked to be with us and it’s my sincere feeling that they like being with us as they consider us special – I shall not dwell too much upon this as it’s up to them to voice their opinion on the subject. And as Perry Mason says, “the prosecution rests”.



Landslide for the UDF.

In the recently concluded elections for the local bodies in Kerala, the UDF led by the Congress has virtually swept the arena. The arrogance and the rampant corruption on the part of the communists, with scant regard to public opinion, brought about their downfall. But I’d attribute it to the average malayalee’s belief that no political dispensation should be given more than a term except for exceptional circumstances. This is one aspect where the mallus are far ahead of their Bengali counterparts!

I’d like to believe that the UDF partners would turn a new leaf and present the Keralites with a dynamic administration failing which, they too would end up in a similar fiasco five years hence!

No comments:

Post a Comment