Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mera mann tera......pyaasa!

This evening I was out on my brisk walk as usual and as I shifted gears and gunned down the speed barriers, I was beginning to like my pace. In the bargain, passed by many of the regulars and as is everyday custom, traded one liners with some, simply hailed some others and generally let my mind pass through the day’s events to take stock of what’s been achieved(negligible,actually!) and what needed to be done(plenty, where’s the doubt?)

As I entered the Mall road, the Dev Anand evergreen ‘Mera mann tera pyaasa’(wonder which movie it’s from?) was wafting through the speakers for the benefit of the evening strollers and I was all ears to the lovely lyrics. Midway on that stretch, the threesome of Arzoo and her parents were seen to be coming my way and my heart skipped a beat! And this time too, I was lucky to receive that dazzling smile from the little one, making me wonder as to whether I was really 'pyaasa' for this moment? And I thank Him for making it a reality, totally out of the blue!


Babu Padmanabhan, yet again.

Much later after I’d returned from the walk, I was also fortunate to see a powerhouse of a performance by Babu Padmanabhan as he sang an old Ilayaraja number – oru veettukku veettukku vaasappadi venam - from the Tamil movie ‘Kizhakkuvaasal’ on the Idea Star Singer reality show on Asianet. That boy was simply superb and I was happy that he sang this favourite number of mine!


Tailpiece.

After, almost a month, today saw Lekha much more at peace with herself as the medicines, finally, seem to have taken effect and her aches and the pains seem to have reduced considerably. But I shall keep my fingers crossed for a while. O God, hope everything ends up well and the difficult phase is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment