Monday, October 25, 2010

And tomorrow I begin my medicals!

Tomorrow I commence my medical which is an annual feature and an essential one at that. One really comes to realize as to how stupidly one has lived, going by the results of the routine examination of the blood,ECG etc.

Of late, I find that I’m slowly losing the ‘battle of the bulge’. Despite my brisk walks every evening, coupled with a few yoga and associated ground exercises, I find that I’ve this tendency to gain weight at the slightest pretext. And as of now I’m over my ideal weight by five kgs. Controlling the intake of food is a great idea but my weak mind and the enthusiasm to eat just makes it simply impossible.

And I’m no saint either to control this universal human dichotomy! So just wish me luck that everything goes well!!


What a tragedy?

I was saddened by the news of a family of three in Sarita Vihar, East Delhi perishing, in toto, by being overwhelmed by the pressures of life. Shaminder Singh was a businessman who'd suffered losses in his business. His wife, Mini and their mentally challenged son(he was Rajni's student in her special classes) formed the family. The boy was suffering from certain medical complications and at some weak moment, the parents took his life and committed suicide by throwing themselves in front of a speeding train.

It was on this count that I'd asked this question earlier as to whether euthanasia is justified in such cases. Definitely, it's something that cannot be decided off the cuff as the thought itself is emotionally loaded.

RIP Shaminder and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment