Thursday, April 25, 2013

Another dent!

Driving through the comparatively narrow roads and a large volume of traffic, over a period of time, might lead one to be a lunatic for sure. One's fellow motorists are of different hues and I'm listing down a few of those characteristics:-

    (a) The obnoxious. The ones who drive with a gay abandon. If he's behind you, he uses the horn
         to intimidate and shall not rest till he overtakes and while doing so, he glares at you for having dared to
         drive ahead of him.
    (b) The 'couldn't care less'. The ones who select the lane of their choosing and drive at their own
          pace. He expects you to take avoiding action, overtake through the limited space that he's offering you
          without complaining.
    (c) The discoverer. The ones who're on a continuous state of inquisitiveness as they drive all
         over the road as though its width was insufficient. In the process, if he were to 'kiss' your vehicle, he'll
         expect you to take it in your stride, as everything goes while driving and you need to be
         accommodating!
    (d) The sadist. The ones who're perennially on the look out for cheap thrills at the expense of
          their fellow motorists. Indiscriminate use of the horns, drive at varying speeds to allow an unsuspecting
          driver to overtake only to be overtaken soon after and be driven off the road when he passes by
          rather close at an unwieldy angle are their weapons.
    (e) The decent. The ones who drive, literally, by the book. He drives at reasonable speeds,
         uses indicators well in time to indicate his intentions and is never unhappy when someone overtakes
         him. This tribe, however, is fast gonna be extinct!

The two wheelers and the autorickshaw drivers use the roads in unimaginable ways making you wonder as to whether they've acquired the ownership rights! They overtake from both sides, stop suddenly without warning and use the horns in an unlimited sense.

One such guy, had stopped suddenly in front of me at the middle of the road, to disembark his pillion rider as I was driving back from work this evening. And as I was waiting for it to move off, another two wheeler rammed into my rear bumper causing a fairly visible dent. I think I've said earlier too that I'd ignore an injury to myself but any 'injury' to my vehicle upsets me, angers me! It's not the expenses but the marred looks that affect me!!

My heart sank as I saw the gash and yet another visit to the service station has been necessitated.


Tailpiece.

I'd got off my Chevy and had spoken to the guy who'd done the damage. He gave me his contact number when I'd asked for it and seemed to have accepted his mistake. No, I've no plans of squeezing the damages from him but that deliberate act of getting out of my car, conversing with him to understand that he'd realised his mistake had calmed down the anger that was rising from deep within!

I need to grin and bear it. And thankfully, I hadn't created a traffic snarl by my action and the two motorists immediately behind me were watching the sequence of events without being impatient!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment