Monday, April 8, 2013

Being godfather!

Raphael is an unassuming service engineer in the service station that I frequent. Though it's another gentleman who has been my 'Customer Adviser', Raphael has always made it a point to come and interact with me during my stay out there. He speaks faultless English,has pleasant manners and is ever smiling. And it's not that I'm the only customer that he looks after, he's like that to everyone as though he's taken upon himself to look after the people on behalf of his company!

He has also taken upon himself to explain to me the intricacies of the work undertaken on my car with crisp recommendations on the options available during every visit of mine. He has, thus, given an impression that he's bothered about the money that I spend on my car and insists on giving the 'best bang for the buck'. And I've no reason to doubt his genuineness!

He's asked me as to whether I could introduce his little daughter into a Kindergarten school of repute, in the area. He and his wife are convinced that the doors of the best schools would open for their daughter after the  little one's tenure at the Kindergarten school. And hence his request!

I've given her my letter of introduction because I'm sure the li'l one will carry on with her dad's traditions as she grows up. Some qualities can never be faked as they come from deep within and has got something to do with one's upbringing. And Raphael's good work should not go unnoticed.

May his daughter get all that she wishes for!


Tailpiece.

Former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, has passed into the mist of time. A remarkable leader who'd come up from humble beginnings. I remember a quote attributed to her, "If you want a thing said, tell a man but if you want a thing done, tell a woman". And that clearly etches her personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment