Sunday, June 17, 2018

At Thiruvananthapuram(1).

Had got up leisurely by 7, gone through the chores and was ready by a half past 8. Was behind the wheel to take Ammayi and Chambu to Gopu's place to offer my condolences on the passing away of Sathi's dad. I'd mistaken today to be the 7th day ceremony - Sanchayanam - and we made the trip. But it turned out to be wrong but I would still say that we did the right thing.

Sathi seemed to be sad at the loss of her dad, who'd lived on to the ripe old age of 103 yrs and from the inputs got, he seems to have passed away at a very auspicious time - an indication that he has moved heavenward, for sure, thanks to the pious life that he'd led. It was also nice to meet many relatives and friends, after what has been a long time. Met Mohan, a very humble guy, who was the managing director of the 'Ayurveda kashaya' toilet soap manufacturing company that has a turn over of Rs.5 crores. Just a few days back, his company had got a bulk order from the civil supplies corporation which is gonna enhance its turnover, further.

We'd sat in conversation and had idli-sambar for breakfast as well as a scrumptious lunch. In other words, we'd spent the entire forenoon with Sathi, making up for my absence at her dad's funeral! Ammayi continues to be apprehensive about Chambu's future with Kala, my cousin, trying to calm her and I, too, put in my bit to allay her fears. However, I know that no amount of such interjections mattered and her misgivings would continue to linger. We returned via Indira kunjamma's house where I'd dropped my over nighter, as I was gonna stay here for the next couple of days.

Was at the Foundation by a half past 2 and there was a clutch of our staff to assist me in sending the connected press releases to the various offices of the print media. Kuttu, from Wayanad and Aji, along with Chambu, helped me in this work of mine. I, finally, left for Indira kunjamma's house by a half past 8 and we sat through late in the evening, trying to catch up from where we'd left last. In the process, realised that I'd last visited them almost a year back when Suresh had passed away. Kripa-shankar's spontaneous tight hug grimly reminded me as to how much he missed his dad. He was doing a combined study with his classmate, Arshit, as his examinations begin tomorrow with Physics!



Tailpiece.

Am damn thrilled to know that both, Madhavan and Kripa-shankar have decided to join the Indian Navy and I've promised to coach them, based on my personal experience!        

No comments:

Post a Comment