Thursday, June 7, 2018

Footprints on my soul.

1. What draws you to your friends?

What excites you to be able to reach out to friends after decades?
It's the magic of the air we'd inhaled together that never fades.

What attracts friends to each other, even after many many years?
It's the memory of having shared with them your joys and tears.

What draws you to friends, even if you barely interacted, years ago?
It's the innocence of being together, not knowing who's friend or foe.

What pulls you to friends, with whom you've lost touch long back?
It's the spell of having walked together, hand in hand, on the same track.

What lures you to just rush and hug your friends of the yesteryears?
It's the pure nostalgia of reliving those golden times, spent as peers.



2. An amazing prayer that cannot be more precise.

Lord, You know that I am growing older.

Keep me from becoming talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.

Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone's lives.

Keep me from the recital of endless detail.

Give me wings to get to the point.

Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my aches and pains. They are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as time goes by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally, I may be wrong.

Make me thoughtful but not nosy, helpful but not bossy.

With my vast store of wisdom and experience, it does seem a pity not to use it all. But You know, Lord........

I want a few friends at the end!

I got this from a friend. Is it a hint?


Tailpiece.

Our friends left by a 20' to 9, soon after breakfast. They're off to the Kadampuzha Devi temple near Kottakkal. Around 2200 hrs, they'd called up to say that they'd reached their homes at Thiruvananthapuram.

It was a real wet day, today.


No comments:

Post a Comment