Sunday, March 17, 2019

"Just drop."

Once a crow, holding on to a piece of
meat was flying to a place to sit and eat.

However, a flock of eagles were
chasing it. The crow was anxious
and was flying higher and higher, yet
eagles were after the poor crow.

Just then "Garuda" saw the plight and
pain in the eyes of the crow. Coming
closer to the crow, he asked,

"What's wrong? You seem to be very
"disturbed" and in "stress?"

The crow cried, "Look at these eagles!
They are after after me to kill me."

Garuda being the word of wisdom
spoke, "Oh my friend! They are not
after you to kill you. They are after
that piece of meat that you are
holding in your beak. Just drop it and
see what will happen."

The crow followed the instructions
of Garuda and dropped the piece of
meat and there you go, all the eagles
flew towards the falling meat.

Garuda smiled and said, "The pain is
only till you hold on to it." "Just drop" it.

The crow just bowed and said, "I
dropped this piece of meat, now, I can
fly even higher...."

There is a message for us from this
story too:-

(a) People carry the huge burden
called "Ego", which creates a false
identity about us, that we create for
ourselves saying, "I need love, I need
to be invited, I am so and so..etc..."
Just Drop.....

(b) People get irritated fast by "others'
actions", it can be my friend, My
parent, My children, My colleague, My
life partner....and I get the fumes of 
"anger"........Just Drop.....

(c) People compare themselves with
others....in beauty, wealth, life style,
marks, talent and appraisals and 
feel disturbed....We must be grateful
with what we have....comparisons,
negative emotions... Just Drop...

Just drop the burden

It is this logic
From dust to dust.

That's why in Hindu temples ash
vibhuthi is given to constantly remind
we are nothing but dust.


Tailpiece.

We'd got up at our usual time, gone through the chores and were ready well in time. Had gone for the programme, "Vision 2019", organised by Dr. Rani Menon, the ophthalmologist, at the Town hall at 0930 hrs. Came back at the close of the meeting.

Lekha and I had watered the plants around a half past 5 when the Municipality water was in full flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment