Friday, March 1, 2019

Muthachhan's 110th birthday.

Today's the 110th birth anniversary of PN Panicker. Remembered Muthachhan and his love towards me which continued till his last day. He always used to tell me that he liked me because I stuck to my principles. I loved to stay with him and Ammachi during my holidays from school and even after my school days. Those halcyon days can never be forgotten and I shall carry the memories to my very end.

The programme to commemorate his birthday was held at the business hall of Hotel Chaithram in Thiruvananthapuram in which Perumbadavam Sreedharan was the chief guest. The Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Kollam had organised a programme at Kollam and my director had sent me the photos through What'sApp.

     *                     *                     *

What's wrong with the media and many of us who behave as though whatever bumf the Pakistani media is giving us is the absolute truth? Don't we have a sense of patriotism? If you hate Modi, hate him but stand united and support him in this goddamn crisis! The political opposition seems to be in a disarray and unsure about what it should do.

      *                     *                     *

The return of Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman must have given anxious moments to all Indians as the minutes crawled to hours and night set in at Wagah from the scheduled sunset time that he was supposed to be set free by his captors. Meanwhile, somewhere in Handwara, Kashmir four security personnel along with a civilian, had passed into the mist of time on a skirmish with the terrorists.



Tailpiece.


Got up on the dot at 6, along with the alarm. Went about our chores and we were ready well in time. It was machinex with the bed linen in the washing machine. Preetha, our maid, had come at her usual time but was very, very weak. She has Hepatitis C and needs to be careful.

I could feel the wave of nausea and the feeling of extreme weakness at this stage and her Bilirubin count is hovering around 5. She was given an injection yesterday, perhaps, to energise the body. Intake of any type of food would be the last thing in her mind! She was given her pay and sent home without much wait. She'd caught an auto rickshaw on our instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment