Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Was damn angry with myself!

After having a shower in the evening, had come down to the ground floor to watch the 9 PM news on prime time television followed by the Comedy Nights on the Asianet channel. We also make it a point to watch the musical reality show by the child prodigies. By the time we get to our bedroom to turn in for the night, it would be around 2300 hrs.

This evening, to my horror, I found that I'd left the tap of the wash basin open and water was running waste for a good two hours. I hate such lapses on my part and felt the tremendous loss of precious water. The reduction of the water level in the overhead tank coupled with the need to conserve water at any cost, make the lapse unacceptable.

It was, thus, with a guilty feeling that I had hit the sack. More than that, I was damn angry with myself!

     *                      *                         *

Spoke with Savio and Annie, this morning, before they turned in for the night. He was keen to know about my health, the latest test readings and curious about the prevalent political environment. I'd given him a true account of the present situation, ensuring that my biases didn't come into play. Of course, subsequently I'd told him about the last set of predictions and ended up giving my own assessment. They'd be off on holiday to Mexico, next week.

The four of us had a fairly long chat and Lekha and I've made up our minds to go over and spend time with them at Chicago, later this year.

      *                       *                         *

Indira kunjamma was undergoing a surgery and my mind was there, at Thiruvananthapuram. She was wheeled into the operation theatre around 1200 hrs and was brought into the post operative ward two hours later. Thoughts about her had kept me anxious all through the day and the positive feedback from both her daughters helped me to calm down my nerves.



Tailpiece.

Got up with the alarm, went through the chores and was ready well in time. Had gone to the town to hand over the clothes to the dry cleaners, pay the bill at the Kerala Water Authority office and to buy a few knick knacks from the supermarket. Sajid drove me all through; he seemed to be apprehensive about my reaction regarding his non availability for chauffeuring us during our recent trip to Palakkad.

Lekha went to the Mammiyoor Siva kshetram in the evening and I had, meanwhile, watered the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment