Sunday, March 24, 2019

On growing old.

A friend of mine has sent this post on What'sApp to me, highlighting the essentials of growing old. 

We all get old in the end.....

I changed my car horn to gunshot
sounds. People get out of the way
much faster now.

Gone are the days when girls used
to cook like their mothers. Now they
drink like their fathers....

I didn't make it to the gym today. That
makes five years in a row.

I decided to stop calling the bathroom
the 'John' and renamed it 'Jim'. I
feel so much better saying "I went to
the Jim this morning".

Old age is coming at a really bad
time. When I was a child I thought
"Nap Time" was a punishment. Now,
as a grown up, it feels like a small
vacation.

The biggest lie I tell myself...."I don't
need to write that down, I'll remember
it".

I don't have gray hair, I have "wisdom
highlights" I'm just very wise.

Don't ever ask me to bend down and
touch my toes. If God wanted me to
touch my toes, He would have put
them on my knees.

Last year I joined a support group for
procrastinators. We haven't met yet.

Of course I talk to myself; sometimes
I need expert advice.

At my age "Getting lucky" means
walking into a room and remembering
what I came in there for.

Actually I'm not complaining because
I am a Seenager (Senior teenager).

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 41 years later.
 * I don't have to go to school or work.
 * I have a driver's licence and my own car.
 * I get an allowance every month.
 * I have my own ipad (although I can't recall where I kept it).
 * I don't have a curfew.

Life is great.

I have more friends I should send this to but right now I can't remember their names.

Now, I'm wondering....did I send this to you or did you send it to me?


Tailpiece.

Got up with the alarm and had gone about the morning routine of lighting the lamp, putting on the devotional songs, opening up the windows and the gate. I'd purposely not woken up Lekha so that she could have some more sleep. But she was up and awake as usual. We were ready well in time.
We'd driven down to the two supermarkets to buy the monthly provisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment