Thursday, November 21, 2019

A review of the Foundation's activities.

Maman and I'd returned home by a half past 2, much past midnight, after setting up the venue of the photo exhibition. Both of us felt bad when we found that about 20 photographs had been missed out and retrieval, at this late stage was well nigh impossible! Consequently, the script had to be modified to suit the reduced set of photographs!

As the complete array of the photographs were on display, I felt goose bumps all over me seeing my Muthachhan's photograph being revered by children and the elders alike, in all the states on the occasion of the "Vaayana Dinam"(Reading Day) of '19. PN Panicker has, indeed, arrived at every nook and corner of India, much belated though!

We'd seen off the four workers, dropped Prince at his home behind the MG College and reached home. Manu, the driver, was asked to take the vehicle to his house so that he could reach at 8, to take us to the site. By the time I'd wound up, it was a half past 3, in the wee hours of the morning. and I knew that my sleep would be at a premium!

The potted plants and the ornamental lights enhanced the ambiance of the hall. The programme started, on the dot, at 1030 hrs with everyone of the guests arriving on time except for the chief guest, the Minister of Industries, Mr. EP Jayarajan. He seemed to have got stuck in the Assembly thanks to the ongoing ruckus! Anyways, I would say that it was his loss! Probably, he might visit us informally, tomorrow.

My director from the JSS, Kollam had come by for the meeting that I'd called for. We discussed the issues and I gave my decisions without much wait. The three of us, along with the ladies of the Foundation's staff, settled down for a nice lunch prepared at the church. Bijumon was given certain specific tasks and we'd gone back to the office.

Sasi, was seen off soon after. I'd completed my duty on task!


Tailpiece.

We'd secured from the Foundation by 2000 hrs and headed back for home. It was a very early evening compared to what it was yesterday but then, what the hell.    

No comments:

Post a Comment