Friday, September 23, 2022

Back at Johannesburg.

Lekha and I’d got up at 4, the chores and had our breakfast before 7. It was only then that I realised that I’d botched up completely on our itinerary. Lekha and I had quickly returned to our room, finished our packing in breakneck speed and handed over the luggage for being loaded into the bus. Phew!

We set off for Johannesburg via Pretoria by 8. It was a long drive of about eight hours when we’d two stops in between, one for the rest room break and the second for lunch break.

We reached Pretoria by a quarter past 4. The city tour was informative as our guide, Billie rattled out the stories behind each monument and Allen, steered us through. 

We arrived at our hotel - the Radisson at Rosebank in Johannesburg by a half past 6. After going out bearings in the new place had dinner at Nando’s.

By the time I’d hit the sack, it was much past 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment