Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Knysna to Johannesburg.

Lekha and I got up at a half past 3, went through our chores and was ready by a half past 5. Our luggage was packed and the same despatched to be loaded in the bus. We left the Protea Hotel by 8, for the airport at George.

During the drive, had suggested collecting a corpus for Craig, our driver, from all of us and the ‘ayes’ were the majority. Could collect 293 Rands which was handed over to the young man. Wasn’t he glad yet tearful? Said our byes to Mark who’d stepped in as our guide after Randal fell ill. He was extremely thankful for my discourse to him on Hindu philosophy yesterday morning.

The checking-in formalities went on smoothly and I’d have lost my cellphone which I’d forgotten at the scanning point but a sincere, young guy came subsequently to hand it over to me. And he was Jason. 

The aircraft left George airport by a half past 8 and we were at Johannesburg by 10. Then began our long bus ride to the Kruger Gate Hotel by 7. 

Proteas is the national flower of South Africa and Springbok, is the national 

No comments:

Post a Comment