Sunday, June 13, 2010

The legend that's Mohammad Rafi

I was eagerly awaiting the programme, ‘Total Recall’ on the Times Now channel during this weekend. I was able to see it in between breaks, thanks to the hectic schedule that we’d put ourselves into, in helping the youngster Felix to select his dwelling place.
Total recall was that of Mohammad Rafi’s electrifying presence in the annals of the Hindi movie industry during the last century. Some of his memorable hits were sung during my school days. Every number that he’d sung can be identified with my years of growing up and at times, I used to have this feeling that he was expressing my innermost thoughts that were intense in my mind then! And the three of my all time favourites are:-
(a) Chaudhavi ka chand
(b) Palkon ki chhaon mein rehna hai
(c) Deewana mujhsa nahin.
Mohammad Rafi saab, you shall ever remain alive through your numbers and even to this day no one has been able to take your place. Here’s wishing you everlasting peace in eternity!



Tailpiece.
Felix has finally found his house in Sector 22 of Dwarka. The deal was clinched between the owner and his new tenant in my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment