Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The miffed 'godman'

I am quite amused by the way the godman, Sri Sri Ravishankar, is feeling peeved about the union Home Minister's and the Karnataka DGP's assertions that the recent shootout at his ashram was between two of his followers from different factions and the incident took place much after the godman had made his exit from the venue.
It's my firm conviction that enlightened individuals must strive to make their followers understand the essence of life by making them good human beings and channelise their energies to achieving God. Obviously, this man has proved that he's no different from many of the frauds before him as he seems to nurture factionalism within his flock - a divide and rule policy? And the opulence of his 'ashram' is pathetically garish.
I've this sneaky feeling(the cynical mallu 'Nair' that I am) that he's making a case for 'Z' class security for himself by depicting that his life is in danger! And he's crestfallen that none of the powers that be has bitten the bait and hence, his frustration.
I go by the feedback, about the man given to me, by one of my friends who'd studied with him and I quote, "A shy introvert who was very average in his studies. After college, his whereabouts were not known to many of us classmates and we're naturally surprised to see him in this new 'avatar'. Where has he got his divine wisdom from?"

No comments:

Post a Comment