Thursday, April 5, 2012

'Baghban' at Guruvayoor.

Have been on the move since morning. By mid day, we'd fetched up at Guruvayoor. It's part
of our ongoing efforts to get our house to an acceptable standard!

People have been apportioned responsibilities, targets set with a mental PERT chart drawn and the
the 'critical path' has been established. It shall be a ruthless effort to achieve results from now
on.

Towards the end of the day, in the comfortable environs of our hotel room, we watched the
movie, 'Baghban' for the nth time. It's a movie that has never failed to elicit deep emotions as
I fail to understand that children, carefully nurtured by their parents, can be so cruel and selfish
when their turn comes by to give in return. How can one's parents and their needs can ever
become "they and their's"?


Tailpiece.

I'd recently been at my parents' place to tie up some loose ends for my mom. During that trip
I was required to visit the immediate neighbours who'd lost a dear one - they'd been a great help
during my dad's final days and the subsequent ceremonies. I was told by the patriarch that he'd
no other go but to reduce the last rites to just five days as everyone was clamouring to get back
to their homes and work. "Everyone doesn't love his parents the way you do", he added wist
fully, with a faraway look.

And I thought that I'd just done my duty!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment