Monday, April 30, 2012

Mom's finally with me!

After a lot of cajoling and coaxing, I've finally been able to get my mom to be with us, at Kochi, albeit for a few weeks! I'd made a dash for home late Sunday to accomplish this as she continued to insist that she did not want to 'leave' dad all by himself at home.

And this is her first outing after dad's passing away. As she entered our house and moved into her room, she was overwhelmed and in tears, as she remembered the last time she'd come to spend time with us alongwith dad. I could only hug her silently and let the situation pass! I hope that this change would help in pepping her up.


Tailpiece.

The eternal mother of the Hindi movie screen - Achala Sachdev - died today after a protracted illness. One can never forget her coy moves with the late Balraj Sahni to the immortal number, 'Ae meri zohra jabeen' in the blockbuster 'Waqt', made years ago. She did indeed make a loving mother on the silver screen and that too, in so many films amassing a lot many admirer!

RIP, Achala Sachdev.  My humble prayers. My mom, too, sends you her's!

No comments:

Post a Comment