Saturday, April 14, 2012

On the Vishu trail

Dateline 13 Apr.

We're off for home to be with my mom on the occasion of the first Vishu, without dad. My nephew, Achu, was with us for the journey.

Our first stop, before leaving the city, was at my classmate's place to look up his young grandson who'd be celebrating his 28th day on Monday. It was a pleasant visit and the li'l one seemed to be full of vigour and vitality, with a tendency to put his entire right fist into his mouth especially when he was hungry. He seemed to be at ease with me because no sooner had I picked him up, did he decide to release himself!

I, then, got into a bad traffic snarl and had to wait out the crawl as I'd unwittingly taken a wrong turn and the whole maneuver ate up a considerable amount of time, testing my patience to the limits! 

Our journey had one flaw towards the the last stretch of 25 kms. I was waiting dead stop before a set of rumblers as another car was negotiating them. There was a sudden screech of brakes behind and a pick up truck just managed to wash off his speed and graced the right quarter of my Cruze in the process. Knowing that he was at fault, he did not stop and went full clip ahead. I tried giving him a chase, but the guy must have got into one of the side lanes to avoid being apprehended! 

I must say that Dame Luck was with me this time and a mishap was averted. The dent and the scratch of rubber on my car was, however, a dampener and shall remain so till the mechanic does the needful.



14 Apr.

The viewing of the 'vishukkani' was a low key affair and it was only at my mom's behest that dad would have liked it this a way because he hated brooding over things unnecessarily and especially, over things that we'd no control. The highlight, as usual, was being able to meet a whole lot of well wishers, guests and relatives. In the process, I could get myself updated with the latest happenings in the family, as well as, the extended one! 

The only thing that dampened my spirits was the ugly dent on my car!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment