Friday, May 4, 2012

Close encounters of the pleasant kind.

After fetching up at the office, earlier than usual to clear the morning work, I'd gone along with a classmate of mine to attend the wedding of the son of a classmate of ours. Since the venue happened to be pretty close by, fetching up there was easy with the travelling distance and time being within manageable limits!

I must hastily admit that we'd fetched up a trifle late, just after the priest had pronounced the couple, man and wife!

The venue was a wayside resort with the scenic backwaters as the backdrop. The entire area and the main dais  was beautifully and tastefully decorated. The young couple - pretty smart looking and made for each other - was resplendent and radiant, trying to get used to the sudden limelight that they're being thrust into. After wishing them the best in their life together and congratulating their parents for the wonderful event on show, it was time to interact  with a dozen of my classmates and their wives, who're in attendance! Within no time, we'd updated ourselves with the news and happenings in one another's lives with a promise to meet up next month at school, on the occasion of the Alumni day.

I've always come back rejuvenated after such outings because of the tremendous happiness derived while being with my classmates and friends. And I suppose the feelings are reciprocated with equal fervour. The elaborate spread of lunch on the banana leaf had the traditional flavour and I tucked into it heartily - yes, to the point of eating myself silly - as always!

As we sped back, so that I could be back at work on time, sleep had to be consciously thwarted to keep the conversational flow with my friend going - and boy, the going was tough!


Tailpiece.

An observation from the wedding hall. Mallu ladies are increasingly showing an inclination to wear the traditional two piece dress of 'mundum neryathum' on such occasions. There was a sizeable sprinkling in the rig at the function and I felt glad at this loyalty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment