Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A nasty one!

It was a nice afternoon and we're headed for home to drop mom, my sister and my niece after their short break with us for the past three weeks.

The chevy was cruising at a comfortable speed on the highway and the weather was good - sunny, yet not hot! We're talking on various issues and the accompanying music on the FM radio was appropriate, matching our moods. My aim was to traverse the stretch of about 170 km at a safe pace, so as to reach home before sunset to make the settling down easy and comfortable.

Everything was going fine, when all of a sudden, a guy in an Audi charged at us from behind and for some unknown reason passed dangerously close to my car and while overtaking, deliberately reduced his speed pointing the bonnet across my way and I'd no other option but to swerve off the road and in the process, hit  dirt, sloping dangerously down the side. I couldn't comprehend the guy's action and was real angry because he'd so much of room to overtake comfortably. My niece, later said, that the person seated next to him had looked back with a grin on his face surely enjoying the discomfort that they'd put us in.

My first reaction, as I'd said, was anger which turned to a tremendous relief that nothing untoward had taken place! I'd retrieved my chevy from the slush and we continued our journey without further incidents.

But, why did the guy behave in that manner? Was he not relishing my chevy doing a decent speed? Or did he expect me to slow down and see him off and then, continue my journey? Were they a bunch of sadists, I wonder?

Or are they the guys who get kicks from seeing others in discomfort? I, again, wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment