Friday, May 25, 2012

On the run.

Everyday, there's some thing or the other that keeps cropping up and yes, it's taxing - and patience is not my virtue - to pay attention to the minutest details and I shall cite just two examples to highlight as to why I say this:-

     (a) An old lady has been admitted in a hospital nearby for cardiology complications and is in the coronary
          care unit. She's fond of me, has looked after me many a time saying that she looks forward to my
          visits and I'm aware of the fact that she likes listening to my rendition of the excerpts from any old  
          classic. I intend doing that this evening as it's my belief that she'd get better!

     (b) Soon after, I do have to attend the birthday celebrations of a li'l girl and she's already told me as to what
           she needs from me as a present.

Now, the problem is that I need to club both the things one after the other. The timings at the hospital need to
be adhered to and I need to take permission for spending some time with the old lay within the 'out of bounds' area. The li'l one's requirement needs to be picked up and gift-wrapped. I've no problems doing any of these activities because I like doing them because that's my way of returning their love, albeit, in a very small measure.

But to achieve it through horrible traffic that would be prevalent at the time makes me shudder! I only hope that my fellow motorists, that I'd encounter, would drive with compassion.

You see, I'm on the run, literally!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment