Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Adieu, Richard Attenborough!

Indians came to understand Mahatma Gandhi better after seeing Richard Attenborough's movie on the Mahatma. And for that singular reason, we shall always remain indebted to him. Each frame of that movie underscored the intensity and the spontaneity of the people who fought for their freedom from the British rule while capturing the essence of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

I've watched that movie so many times that I've lost count now. Even now when I see it, it invokes the same amount of intensity that it had generated when I saw it first time. The credit has to go to the director who'd understood the Mahatma much better than any Indian could!

His contribution to the world of cinema has been well documented, the media has been covering every aspect and I shan't make the mistake of repeating them here.

RIP, Sir Richard Attenborough! My salute to a legend and a master story teller!!


Tailpiece.

The night saw continuous rain and I wondered as to how my long drive would turn out to be. Thankfully, there were no glitches. Mom was seen by her doctor who was mighty pleased to see her progress. We caught up from where we'd left last, so much so, that the patients waiting had begun to curse me for keeping them away from the doctor!

Reached my dad's house a trifle before sunset. Enroute, we'd a pleasant meeting with Lekha's classmate whom she was meeting after two decades. Their thrill and genuine happiness contributed to the Kodak moment of the day! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment