Friday, April 15, 2016

A rather quiet day.

I got up a trifle later than usual and decided to skip the walk and suddenly it felt that I'd quite a lot of time at my disposal to do things. Meanwhile, I'd jotted down all the pending jobs that had piled on, over the last few days, on my scribble pad and was keen to strike each one off, after completion. So, around a quarter to 11, I'd stepped out of the house to kill the first demon. I'd to send my car's papers to my guy at New Delhi for change of registration.

For that purpose, I'd to buy a suitable envelop and also xerox my driving licence before going to the post office. But alas, today being the second day of Vishu most of the shops remained shut. In the meantime, sighted Venu, who'd come to me the other day seeking a contribution for a poor gentleman who'd undergone kidney transplant. I handed over my cheque to him before driving out to town.

The first stop was the medical shop from where I buy medicines for the family, ordered a month's requirement of Lekha's medicines as they would take time to collect and pack them. It was my bank that was the next stop, where a few instructions had to be given regarding an existing investment and two money transfers had to be made. Since the entire area around the temple was undergoing a power outage, the xeroxing was simply out of the question and I'd mentally put it off for tomorrow.

By the time I'd returned, it was lunchtime and Lekha's assistant, Preetha, had sent our portion of the high lunch that she'd made at her house and it was nice. The non veg dishes - yes, here it's a tradition to make non veg dishes on the second day of Vishu - were simply out of the world in terms of taste and aroma.

The walk was nice and it gave me ample scope to unwind and exercise, so much so, that at the end of it I was sweating through all my pores and felt nice and light. Later, while sitting in front of the television, watching the news about the Pakistani PM having been sent away to London by his army, obviously, as a consequence to his name figuring in the infamous 'Panama Papers', a glass had slipped out of my hand, broken into a number of pieces on the upper landing and I'd heard one chunk falling on to the dining table at the ground floor. Search for it proved futile.

Subsequently, after supper when mom had gotten up from her chair I felt horrified to see that rogue piece on her chair. Thank god, she hadn't sat on it which could have had catastrophic consequences!


Tailpiece.

1. Got a semblance of order to the list of activities over the weekend and beyond viz.:-
      (a) tied up with the nearby hospital's lab for the collection of mom's blood and urine samples
           early morning, tomorrow.
      (b) fixed up mom's medical review with her doctor, at Kochi, for Tuesday after which we
            proceed to Kidangoor to attend Aniyan's grand daughter's 28th day celebrations.

2. Tomorrow we look up our friend, Radha's, mom who's in the hospital with a fractured leg and
    put on traction. And yes, the new fridge will be bought.

3. Our neighbours had come around sunset to offer their condolences on Lekha's father's passing
    away. Damn thoughtful of them!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment