Thursday, April 7, 2016

Very many visitors.

It was a day of hectic activity but could not achieve the work that I'd embarked upon at the beginning. The annual well washing activity was slated soon after our neighbour had got his well cleaned. Actually, they're the same guys who'd done it last year too and they wanted to begin with our work. "Hey, Rajeev do you want to clean your well or shall I get mine done, first?", asked my neighbour and I knew what answer he was expecting from me and told him to go ahead.

Meanwhile, I'd to get out of my self imposed exile at home to get a lot of pending jobs done, like getting a new frame for my lens because the present one was distorted as yours truly had slept on it - yes, can you believe that? And I ain't kidding! - sometime back!

Asokan and Venu, had in the meanwhile come to collect Lekha's identity card, a few passport size photographs and the Aadhaar card that were essential while her dad's assets were being apportioned among the four siblings. I'm the lone guy in that group who's not partaking in the activities related to it due to the following:-

  (a) Lekha is capable of handling such matters and since it concerns her, her brother and her
       sisters, I was pretty clear that I'd no business to be part of it.
  (b) I'd to be with mom all through.
  (c) I'd made it clear to Lekha that after all the deliberations, it was important that between the
        siblings they maintained the same bonhomie that existed before. She's, in fact a staunch votary
        of the idea that I really didn't have to broach it, in the first place!
  (d) Despite all such precautions, I've seen and learnt from practical experience, that couples without
        children, invariably, end up getting a harsh deal in such transactions.
  (e) So, for the first time, I'd conveyed my opinion, on the matter, to Asokan to ensure that he could
        hold Lekha's hand when the crunch came!

Meanwhile, the well washers had a tough time at my neighbour's as the motor, they'd brought to pump out the water from the well, failed twice and by the time they're through with the job, it was sunset! So our well washing will begin tomorrow, at first light.

Maman, ammayi and Chambu arrived around that time to be in time for their first visit to the temple with Omanakuttan at the wheel. They returned to have dinner and were off to watch the 'krishnanaattom' of 'Baanayudham', yet again around 10, that I'd arranged for them to brighten up Chambu's 'job prospects', which was headed nowhere at present!

I think, I managed the whole show despite Lekha's absence, being prodded by mom on a few occasions! She was mightily thrilled that her favourite brother had fetched up!


Tailpiece.

Hope everything goes off fine tomorrow!     

No comments:

Post a Comment